What is heroesland? heroesland is a team community that is based off of the Heroes show. There are four teams; Claire, Hiro, Peter and Sylar. You will be encouraged to participate in activities that are based on all seasons of the show (the last 2 eps will not be used to help spoilers). This community is not for the new-to-livejournal. Please have some basic concepts of how communities are run if you'd want to apply.
What Goes One? heroesland is not your average community. We try to offer a wide variety of activities, challenges, games, and tasks for the members here. All of these opportunities also feature a point reward for your team when you participate whether it is by submitting a entry to something or just voting. The team with the most points will be awarded the WIN for the round. So, please be active members! For the most part, each week has so many contests and events, you won’t be able to complete everything, but it’s great if you can try your best to enter at least one challenge a week! We also place a high emphasis to getting to know everyone that we have a social community everyone may join and have fun.
What Happens Here?
Creative Challenges; These can be from fan videos to well, not sure yet, but other things I'm sure!
Games; These can be from scavenger hunts, to bingo, to rock/paper/scissors, to scattergories, to clue, to survivor, to other things like that.
Graphic Challenges; These can be from icons, to headers, to sig tags, to layouts, to icons, to wallpapers, to advertisements, to fanmix, to buttons, to posters, to many other things.
Luck Games; These can be well, just fun, loads of fun luck stuff to get extra points for your team!
Puzzle Challenges; These can be from word finds, to crosswords, to soduku, to word searches, and things like that.
Tasks; These can be from helping give trivia questions, quotes, suggest challenges, and things like that!
Trivia Challenges; These can be from screencap fun, to episode stuff, to quote stuff, to plain trivia, to character trivia, to couple trivia, anagrams, to unscrambles, to lots of other trivia type things!
Writing Challenges; These can be from letters, to poems, to 10-word fanfic drabbles, to 20-word fanfic drabbles, to 50-word fanfic drabbles, to 100-word fanfic drabbles, to 500-word fanfics, to 1,000-word fanfics, to hiakus, to creative twisty fanfic fun!
General Community/Game Rules:
1. You must be at least 13 years of age to join this community. This is a Live Journal rule, and we honor it.
2. TyP LyKe DiS or such things like that as being a twit (LOL), and you will be asked to leave. We’re grown ups here. Proper grammar is also a plus, prized and appreciated.
3. Do not spam the social or team communities. Yes you are able to post (in both of them but not this main one). However, we don't want unnecessary posts. Don’t join just to pimp your icons or your comm. You can’t do that here and will be removed and banned.
4. I possess the power to remove you from the comm. For any of the following: disorderly behavior, spamming, disregarding the rules, continuous off-topic posts, or blatantly idiotic or frustrating behavior to team members. You ARE warned before being removed unless its really bad.
5. I reserve the right to remove folks who are inactive in the community. Participation is important, there are a limited number of spaces on each team, and we want to have active members in the teams, if you're unable to participate in something at least once every two weeks (though we'd appreciate once a week if you can), we want to fill that spot with someone who will. If you go on vacation, please let us know, using the page-a-mod thread. We won't remove you if it's less than 3 months, but if it's more, please leave and come back when you're ready and have more time.
6. On that note, every member is required to participate in something every other week though we appreciate once a week if possible. If you’re not online that frequently, please don’t apply.
7. Although competition is encouraged, please do not BASH other teams. NEVER abuse a team member because they couldn't, or didn't participate in a certain activity. Not because they like a character, couple or anything else and you don't. Remember this motto; To Each Their Own. It's okay not to do everything because we understand some like some things and not like others. Also we understand that some people are graphic makers and others aren't so the people who aren't might not enter in them. The same with writing stuff, etc.
8. DO NOT post swear words in the main comm, just to keep this clean.
9. NO character bashing in entries. While I don't mind if you discuss in your team comms what your opinions are on a character, entries must not bash any character or show your dislike. Example: Making an icon that says "so and so sucks".
10. READ THE RULES. No points will be allocated to people that do not read and follow the rules in a contest post. Please take the time to ask questions or check the FAQ’s. Honestly, we get questions and such that are all answered in the actual challenge entry itself, so please, read the threads carefully!
Points: You can receive points for participating in activities. There will be a running tally of the points on the side bar, however points won't be allocated until you see the "results" thread and then we add the points from that thread to the sidebar. Below is a point guide for you.
Creative Challenges; 100/80/60, 20 for participation, and 10 for voting.
Games; Depends on the game.
Graphic Challenges; 100/80/60, 20 for participation, and 10 for voting.
Luck Games; Depends on the game.
Puzzle Challenges; 50/40/30, 20 for getting them all correct, and 10 for participation.
Tasks; Depends on the task.
Trivia Challenges; 50/40/30, 20 for getting them all correct, and 10 for participation.
Writing Challenges; 40/30/20, 10 for participation, and 5 for voting.
What If I Need A Sig Tag Or I Make Sig Tags? Well, if you need a sig tag, then visit the 'Sig Tag Request' post. If you make sig tags (which, by the way, can get you points for your team for each one you make), visit the 'Sig Tag Request' post too!
What If I Need To Leave The Game? If you really need to go, check out our 'Opt-Out' post.
What Is The Schedule For The Game, Activity Wise? See Below.
Monday: Challenge, Reminder
Friday: Bingo, Challenge, Reminder
Any Important Links I Need To Know About? Yes, see below.
Apply For A Team - application for the team.
Club Heroes - social community for all members.
Host A Challenge - want to host a challenge (or at least come up with one)?
Land Mods - for team mods.
List Of All Open Challenges - a place that has a list of all the open challenges or the voting ones.
Member List - a current members list of everyone in the game.
Newbies Guide - frequently asked questions and where you can come to ask them.
Opt-Out - need to leave the game, post here.
Page-A-Mod - have something that doesn't have a place to be asked, then here is the place.
Sig Tag Request - if you make sigs or if you want one, then this is the place.
Suggestions - a place to post suggestions for the game.
Team Claire - Team community.
Team Hiro - Team community.
Team Peter - Team community.
Team Sylar - Team community.